question

stocksy avatar image
stocksy asked

Getting Tank Output in remote console System View

Hi, I've just installed a tank sender for the diesel tank into my Venus GX and a little disappointed to find that the only page that seems to give the output is the Boat/Motorhome overview page. There is plenty of space on the system page, so think that this info not being output there is a real shame. Let me know if I'm missing something, but I've been through all the settings and doesn't seem possible.

Venus GX - VGXtank monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stocksy avatar image stocksy commented ·

Good that I can at least see it somewhere:

But would rather it show in here:

or even here:

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @stocksy,

what is the firmware version you're running on your Venus GX?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stocksy avatar image stocksy commented ·

Hi Stefanie, I'm running v2.53 on the Venus GX. I checked for updates and it says that's the latest version.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I looked for room on what you call the system page (the page with the animated lines) but most of what looks like blank space is used for something in many configurations. With only one tank to display you do have more options than I do for 3 tanks.

If you have the knowledge to edit QML source, it would certainly be possible to put your fuel tank display on that page. Some areas to look at:

The AC in and out tiles have space for up to 3 phases that could be eliminated in order to reduce the height of these tiles.

The space between the AC in and battery tiles is used to display ESS ”reason codes” that could be eliminated.

I have also enhanced the Mobile overview page to include more information that could make it more useful to you. The new files are located here:

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods

2 |3000