question

D S avatar image
D S asked

No data from pylontech battery but connection is made?

Hello all,

I have a Quattro 24/5k/120 x (2), and Cerbo GX, and (3) Pylontech compatible batteries with 400Ah for about 1200AH total. I connected per Victron's Pylontech documentation and see that the Pylontech registers as a present. I'm just not seeing any voltage, current, temps, etc...

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas where to start looking?

I've confirmed the cable pinout on CAT6 + shielding (run-length about 10'), dip switches on Pylontech batteries, CAN termination, etc...

Quattro firmware is 276 and Cerbo firmware is v.2.60

Pylontech battery reads 0s

Plytontech batteries are connected and talking - not sure if talking properly

Quattro is registering DC voltage from batteries:

High-level system schematic:

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @dsdon

You write 'Pylontech compatible'? The diagram shows a GSL battery.

Now it's time to ask your installer / battery supplier to get things working, as we cannot help you with that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ruanvdw707 avatar image
ruanvdw707 answered ·

Followed the procedure of connecting the pylontech CAN port (with the special cable provided b Victron to BMS.bus; and the small ethernet plugged into the second BMS port. Found that the device will show on device list on the cerbo only if batteries are switched on and HARD connected with the main fuse breakers. This is obviously not a permanent solution. Anyone else got this to function. I am using latest firmware on CerboGX andon Quattro inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @ruanvdw707,

Please create a new question, your situation is a bit different to the one you have replied to.

0 Likes 0 ·