question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

Can one control charge current in Multiplus depending on weather your grid connected inverter is export power to grid

Can one control charging current in a multiplus to maximise self consumption with a Genius device , Grid connected PV inverter and Energy meter? In principle this is possible - monitor power flow with energy meter and adjust the charging current in the Multiplus using Venus. I do not want to implement ESS for several reasons. I have no need to limit grid tie inverter

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGXEnergy Metercharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jfleissner avatar image
jfleissner answered ·

Hi!

As far as I know you could only do this by "external means". I would use a RaspberryPi running nodeRed and access the necessary modbus registers on the Venus to change the values according to your available excess power.

J.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered ·

Hopefully this facility will be soon be part of the Venus OS. Can all be done in Software

2 |3000