question

campervandan avatar image
campervandan asked

Connecting SP5/40 water tank sensor to the Cerbo GX

I am currently designing an electrical system for my campervan and I plan to install a Cerbo GX to monitor batteries, tanks etc. I have recently purchased Fresh & waste water tanks with SP5/40 and stud sensors respectively. Now the stud sensors are connected with 2 wires (white and brown) which I imagine will plug in to the Cerbo's tank slot as normal. The problem with the SP5/40 is that there are 4 wires which is for each probe. Not only do I not know which wire correlates to which probe/level but I don't know how this would be connected in to the Cerbo. Would you have to connect in to 2 tank slots in the Cerbo?

cerbo gxVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

There doesn't seem to be very much information out there about those particular sensors. As far as I can tell, they are not resistive tank sensors which means that they are not compatible with the CerboGX.
The CerboGX is designed to work with resistive tank sensors.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

campervandan avatar image campervandan commented ·

Thank you for your response, are you able to recommend an alternative solution where I could integrate the sensors in to the Victrons environment?

0 Likes 0 ·