question

skoolie avatar image
skoolie asked

Victron Quattro Inverter & Charger idle consumption (DUAL) -- New Off Grid System.

Hello

I'm building a new off grid system on a school bus and would like to get some help before buying the components

I will be using DUAL (2) inverters 120AC Quattro to have a split phase (240V)

What is the Idle (no load) consumption for:

Victron Quattro Inverter & Charger | QUA483021100 | 48V DC, 3000VA, 120AC

Also for:

Victron Quattro Inverter & Charger | QUA485021100 | 48V DC, 5000VA, 120AC

Also I wonder what did I forget to put on this list (below) in order to make (2) dual inverters work together (either 3000VA or 5000VA depending on the idle consumption specs)

I plan to get the following parts:

(2) Quattro

(1) GX Touch 50 Display

(1) Victron Energy Cerbo GX

(1) Victron mppt 250/100 MC4

Any extra cables/wiring/connectors/programmers/controllers are necessary on Victron’s end?

Thanks

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxgx devicesplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Skoolie, welcome to the Community!

The idle consumption specifications -as well as all the other specs- can be found in the technical specifications section of the user manual for each unit:

Quattro 3k/120

Quattro 5k/120

In answer to your final question, yes, there are quite a few other little odds and ends you'll require to make the system work, though as noted in the Community Guidelines, this Community is a knowledge base but really isn't the place for system design - instead, you should reach out to a knowledgeable Victron distributor and discuss your system requirements with them so that they can be sure you're getting the appropriate components for your precise use-case.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skoolie avatar image skoolie commented ·

Hello Justin,

Thank you for the reply.

I did contact a local distributor in my area and they are unable to answer my questions directly and in a reasonable amount of time. They are very friendly and trying their best to get me the answers directly from Victron energy but it seems like the tech support @ Victron is not very responsive. I am therefore posting my questions directly on this forum hoping to get my concern sorted out.

0 Likes 0 ·
Vance Mitchell avatar image Vance Mitchell skoolie commented ·

Did you have some other questions that they aren’t able to answer?

What you have asked here seems like information any distributor should know.

Depending on which MPPT you choose, you will need either a ve.direct cable or rj45 cables and CAN terminators.

For the inverters you will require rj45 cables.

The GX screen, I believe requires a hdmi cable and a USB cable but check the manual to be sure.

Apart from that it comes down to how your system is laid out to decide on power (both AC and DC) cables and fusing.

I personally would consider adding a BMV or smartshunt to your system as well.

0 Likes 0 ·