question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

Victron Connect on MAC OS 10.9.5

In my Victron setup I got to the point when I need VEConnect software.

After watching the webinar about the assistants, I learned that the assistants are included in the VEConnect software.

In the download section on the Victron site there are 3 versions od VEConfigure.

The v5.30 that require MAC OS 10.12 and newer, the v5.8 for Yosemite/Sierra, and the v3.2 for Maveriks.

My MAC can only run the v3.2.

Will I get the latest assistants when running v3.2?

I also have the iPad 2 but the latest iOS i can run is v9.3.5, but VEConnect for iPad needs it to run iOS11.

Do I have to buy a new MAC to be able to program my Victron setup?

Edit:

I got the VEConnect confused with VEconfig.

There are no assistants in VEConnect.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I use a mac and as far as I am aware you can only run the Victron connect App from the Mac appstore. This doesn't support assistants so I have had to run VEconfig from a windoze laptop to do all the things the connect app can't do yet.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

From AppStore you can download the latest version (it does not work on my MAC) but there are 2 older version (3.2 and 5.8) available to download from Victron download site.

The only question is, how useful they are?

Ok, you are correct, VE Connect does not support assistants.

It looks like I will have to get the windows machine to run VEconfig to set up the assistants.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @MarekP,

There are some work arounds to running the Windows app VE.Configure which is currently required to install assistants on the Multi on a Mac - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/3404/how-do-i-use-ve-configure-with-a-mac.html

You should always use the latest version that you can run, but we keep older versions for legacy compatibility with some configurations.

You can see the full change log for Victron Connect here to see which features are missing between various versions - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for this info.

I decided to setup Windows 10 partition on my MacPro and run VEconfigure from there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources