question

caspa24 avatar image
caspa24 asked

DCDC & MPPT HELP

Hi all, appologies if this has been answered previously but I’ve had no luck finding the answers I need.

I originally had the SCC075015060R - MPPT 75/15 12/24V connected to a solar panel with 1 x 190a & 1 x 100a Lead Acid sealed batteries In my Ford Ranger 2019

I am now wanting to change to DCDC and I think the unit I need is the ORI121236120 - Orion TR Smart 12/12 30A DCDC Charger but was wondering if it is possible to still run the MPPT so I can plug a folding solar blanket when away instead of having to drive around to recharge. (similar to the Redarc units)

Is this setup possible, do I need any extras such as busbars ect? and does anyone have a wiring diagram of a setup like this to put my mind at ease??? I just want to order all parts and tackle it in one hit.

Thankyou all appreciate any help

Ryan

MPPT SmartSolarorion-tr smartOrion DC-DC Converters not smartwiringwiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
caspa24 avatar image
caspa24 answered ·

Anyone have any input????

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello @Caspa24, yes you can simply do this. Just put the MPPT in parallel to the output of the DCDC charger. Yes, a Fuse would be wire to protect your wiring is case of a problem.

best regards, Rob

2 |3000