question

dariusdiy avatar image
dariusdiy asked

Remote configure MPPT 100/20 charge controller via raspberry pi Venus GX

Hello

I have an MPPT charge controller 100/20 that power some lights using the street light function. I recently connected the MPPT to a raspberry pi venus gx and I see all the data available, but I can't see any setting to the MPPT controller.

From what I read it is not possible to controll mppt settings via venus gx, true? If so, how can I remottly disable the street light function (I need this function due to the fact that I can't be on premises).

Thank you, Darius

MPPT ControllersVRMStreetlight
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@DariusDIY

It cannot be done through the Pi itself. But you can connect to it over the vrm using Victron Connect. And change the settings that way. Using the devices tab to the right once you have connected to the pi in the vrm tab.

https://youtu.be/9P2W4FmTvbY

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dariusdiy avatar image
dariusdiy answered ·

Thank you @Alexandra for your response.

I did try to go to the "Device" tab but it is empty. I did validate that the VRM two-way communication is enabled, I am using a VE.Direct cable, the cable is connected properly, the Gx version is v2.40~42, but I can't see the device.

Any ideas on what can I do to solve this issue ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@DariusDIY

The only way is a firmware update on the pi then, it is v 2.54 and above that can do this.

0 Likes 0 ·
dariusdiy avatar image
dariusdiy answered ·

Updating the Pi4 firmware to v2.60_22 worked perfect, now I can see and configure setting remotely.

2 |3000