question

viss avatar image
viss asked

Victron Connect on Android + MPPT 75/15 + VE.Direct cable | multiple phones can't see MPPT

I can't seem to get victron connect to talk to this mppt 75/15 I have.

I have a rpi4 venus setup, and it's pulling data, and that works okay, but I can't *actually configure* the mppt through the rpi4 venus setup. I was able to update the firmware through vrm, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get to where I can configure the mppt.

I've tried multiple phones, and to validate that the otg cable and the android end of things behaves, I have a usb borescope that works via otg - so having eliminated the otg cable and the phone as potential barriers, what are my options here? Someone in another thread mentioned that victron connect on android should be getting an update (it came in yesterday, I think?) which would permit controlling the mppt through the rpi4 venus over wifi if on the same wlan, but I tried that as well and there's no way to configure the thing at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MPPT ControllersVenus GX - VGXRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The feature that allows viewing the MPPT in VictronConnect via the internet (and a GX/pi device) is still in testing.

It is not yet ready for release, as we release new versions of VictronConnect to resolve other issues and add new features, this still-in-testing feature gets removed from the release version, and then added to the next beta test version.

The best thing to do is check this page for the latest specific details, and when a new beta is released that has the feature you are after - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

Right now there is no beta test release version available with the feature as there was just a public release of 5.18

I expect a new beta to be released with the feature back in shortly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

viss avatar image
viss answered ·

Oh!

Most excellent, thanks Guy!

I'm happy to be a gunieapig too - so I'll go have a peek at the beta and try and jump on it when the feature becomes available :D

2 |3000

ttbb avatar image
ttbb answered ·

I'd hazard a guess you are not using an official VE.direct to USB but rather one you have made up. If that is the case you will probably be needing the driver for the USB to TTL to work with android.

2 comments
2 |3000

viss avatar image viss commented ·

no, im u sing the official, real, branded cable. and the cable works just fine when plugged into the rpi4 running venus.

0 Likes 0 ·
ttbb avatar image ttbb viss commented ·

Well i am out of ideas on that one as there should be no issues with it on android.

A made up cable with a PL2303TA USB TTL you can use it on venus but they require a diver on android and osx so that was the bases of my guess.

0 Likes 0 ·