question

mec avatar image
mec asked

Sun recharge provisioning

in many cases the sun would be sufficient to recharge the batteries via the Smartsolar or Bluesolar without the charger starting to work by drawing the current from the mains. To have a provision of this type, it would be nice if the parameters were evaluated: percentage of discharge per hour / day> percentage of solar yield per hour. These data should also be related to the average values of the period, stored in a file and updated as other data are cataloged. This management system is much more useful than the instant SOC to manage the switching on and off of some systems. For example: I want the refrigerator to remain on if the battery charge is between 40% <SOC <100% and if the battery does not discharge more than 5% per hour considered the hourly / daily / weekly average

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I'm not sure what you are asking here, but:

1) You can log additional hourly data from the system by reading modbus registers form the CCGX.

2) Smart load disconnect can only be programed using custom software, as everybody wants something different form this. This would be implemented using node red or similar.

Generally with off grid systems on needs to know a rough load profile over the day so you can work out how much energy you need to store - i.e. what is the energy consumption from about 3pm through to 10am the next morning. Given that you can size the battery. then the PV can be sized from the total energy consumption and the area specific yield.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.