question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

VE.Direct Extension Cable?

My Victron 100/50 controller is mounted at the rear of my RV in an enclosed metal compartment. Hence the BT Signal won't make it much further than right above the compartment in the back of the RV. I want to get the signal at the front of the RV. Currently the only way that appears to be possible is to add a BT Dongle. But I need a longer cable than what they come with standard. (5feet, 1.5m) I need about a 5 meter or longer cable. My question is, does anyone make a VE.Direct extension cable? I am thinking it needs to have a female connector on the other side to allow the BT Dongle to plug in to it. I have seen male to male VE.Direct cables, and my assumption is they may be cross over cabling to swap the send and receive channels. If no one makes an extension, does anyone know what that connector is called so I can try to solder one up? Thanks, Bill

VE.DirectwiringVE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Donglecable
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I don't think I've ever seen one.

Those connectors are JST-PH if you want to make up your own one. 5 metres should just about be OK for signal integrity, but it depends on how electrically noisy the environment is.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

momahmoud avatar image
momahmoud answered ·

There is an OEM Joiner Female Female Coupler Adapter (25 X 10 mm), it works well in joining two VE Direct male cables together without cutting/soldering.

1 comment
2 |3000

bob-t avatar image bob-t commented ·
Do you have a link to this connector or a part number?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic