question

sprinter2072 avatar image
sprinter2072 asked

Can I connect a SmartSolar MPPT to Venus GX and MPPT Control at the same time

I can't figure out how to get the mppt control display to show data from the mptt charger and also have the charger connected to the venus gx. The charger only has one vedirect port and the control display only has one vedirect port. I tried plugging the control display into the venus but I don't get any data.

MPPT ControllersVenus GX - VGXVE.DirectMPPT Control display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Sorry to say it is one or the other, as there is only one VEdirect port on the MPPT.

You can still access the MPPT data directly via a phone or tablet through the SmartSolar’s Bluetooth feature though.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

henrij avatar image henrij commented ·

I have a SmartSolar 250/100 which I suspect has rev 1 firmware as bluetooth is disabled when using the VEdirect port on the MPPT. The PN:SCC125110210 and SN HQ1748KU1SZ - Is this assumption correct and if so how can I confirm that its rev1 firmware? Thanking you in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ henrij commented ·

Looks like rev 1.5 hardware.

MPPT 250-100 (Tr and MC4) SCC125110210 & 310

SmartSolar Hardware rev 1:
⦁ Single communication channel: when the VE.Direct port is in use the integrated VE.Smart Bluetooth dongle is disabled.
SmartSolar Hardware rev 1.5:
⦁ Dual communication channels: both the VE.Direct port and the integrated VE.Smart Bluetooth dongle can be used at the same time.
SmartSolar Hardware rev 2:
⦁ Like rev 1.5, with larger Bluetooth microprocessor, to allow further future developments.

Edit, there are 2 v1.42 firmware versions for the SS 250/100, A050 & A065(rev 2).

0 Likes 0 ·
henrij avatar image henrij klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Thank you for the feedback. How can I see whether it's rev1.5 hardware and what is meant with"Edit, there are 2 v1.42 firmware versions for the SS 250/100, A050 & A065(rev 2)."? I see a round sticker which says v1.42 - does that mean its rev 1 functionality then?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic