question

a31burgervan avatar image
a31burgervan asked

Charging Lipo4 under 5deg

My lipo battery is currently showing 1deg and my solar mttp chargers are putting in 5 to 8w which so overall the battery is loosening 8w of current draw - is this safe ? The battery is saying that charging is stopped due to low temp alarm but clearly a bit is going in - is this ok ?

battery chargingLithium Batterytemperature
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tinybluehouse avatar image tinybluehouse commented ·

Mine is doing similar, what is your setup?

0 Likes 0 ·
a31burgervan avatar image a31burgervan tinybluehouse commented ·

I’ve got a 90amph Victron connected through a 12/200 bms and using a couple of mttp Victron solar chargers 75/10 and a 200 /20

Also have a 712 battery monitor

I use it to run daily electric needs on a burger van - recently moved from 4 x 115 ah led acids and couldn’t be happier

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
vetobus avatar image
vetobus answered ·

i would say that be verry carefull so you do not damage your batteries.

If you charge them below C/30 (3A for a 90 Ah battery) you would be OK.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

a31burgervan avatar image a31burgervan commented ·

It’s only allowing max 1amp via solar charge and I don’t mains charge at low temps anyway

0 Likes 0 ·
a31burgervan avatar image
a31burgervan answered ·

It’s getting a few watts from the panels that’s all - I’m not charging via the mains charger at all - the battery states that it’s not charging due to temp so presume it’s looking after its self

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?