question

jrmeyerksu avatar image
jrmeyerksu asked

Multiplus 12/2000 will not connect to laptop with MK3

I installed a 12/2000 Multiplus compact in my travel trailer with 100ah Battleborn batteries. I am having two issues.

1) The Multi will not connect to neither of my two laptops using two separate MK3’s. The RJ45 cable I am using is from Victron and connects to my Smart Dongle without any issues. I need to program my Multi with the laptop as it has not been yet. This is making me feel like I wasted a lot of money of it.

2) When I am plugged into 30A shore power, the Multi will not let me use shore power for large loads (starting my AC) and it tries to do all of the work. My smart dongle then reads that it overloaded and the Multi shuts off and then back on. When plugged into shore power, this shouldn’t happen. It should just pass the power through (even power boost if needed) but it does not.

Previous posts have not been helpful with resolving this.

So far very frustrated with Victron products and will be selling this on EBay if it can’t be resolved.

powerassistMK3multiplus compact
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

Any clues as to where you live?

Make, model & operating system on laptops?

Installed the USB drivers?

I must admit it took a couple of tries to get the Mk2 going.

A couple of reboots & unplugging & plugging back in did it in the end. (windows 10 on Toshiba)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lklmenterprises avatar image
lklmenterprises answered ·

So presumably you had the VictronConnect Software installed on Laptop prior to plugging in the MK3 device?

When plugging in the MK3 does it show anything at all? Often enough you will find it will straight away ask to perform a Firmware update for the MK3, and if you have no internet access (or your firewall is blocking the application, then this could fail.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic