question

Elimac avatar image
Elimac asked

Powerassist with priority to solar

Hi,

I have a grid-connected system (no feedback) with Multiplus 3000/24/70 and VenusGX.

I can run most of my electronics from the inverter, but when it comes to the washing machines (2000W) the inverter can't cope since there is additionally some 200W to 400W AC loads connected. So, I have set a condition to switch to grid if AC loads > 1800W. But to take advantage of Solar, I have put a limit in the AC input in the order of 3 to 6A. This will make the System use Powerassist and use much of the Solar (either direct or from battery) and get another part of energy from Grid.

The issue that I want to address is that if I want to really take advantage of solar - I have >3000Wp installed, I would like the inverter to fetch from grid only what it really needs to complete the AC loads needs. That is, use the Maximum AC load that I set as condition to switch to grid to be the inverter set point (in my case 1800W) and get the remaining from grid.

Instead, what currently happens is that system will use the maximum that it can from Grid and then complements with Solar. I would like this in reverse...

Is there any way to do it?

(note: I can't use ESS...)

solarpowerassist
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·

Just a bump: is there any alternative suggestion besides using ESS?

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Elimac commented ·

Do you have AC or DC coupled PV?

maybe a simple diagram of the installation?

0 Likes 0 ·
Elimac avatar image Elimac boekel ♦ commented ·

It's DC - 24V based, with 2x MPPT 250/60 each with ~1500Wp, 540Ah OPzS (C10). Currently 1x Multiplus 24/3000 (expanding to 2 in parallel soon to have more inverter power.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
sinbad avatar image
sinbad answered ·

Why can't you use ESS?

My system works exactly as you want it to (multiplus 5000, CCGX, Smartsolar 250/60, 3.3kwp of solar, ESS). When my load is 6kw, 3.3 (or whatever is available) comes from the sun, the topup to 4.5kw (inverter limit) comes from the battery and the additional 1.5kw comes from the grid...

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·

To be honest, I can't remember exactly now, but the conclusion was drawn from the forum. There was some issue with regulations, anti-islanding and so forth. Also, no password available for my country in the Multi. And additionally, I want to evolve to 100% off-grid. I will try to find the post where it was. Also on that post, the solution was to move to ESS mode, but it wasn't possible... I would be glad be wrong, though!

0 Likes 0 ·
vincent avatar image vincent commented ·

Is it possible to use powerassist with ESS? IIRC when you enable ESS it disables powerassist. Not sure if you're "allowed" to re-enable it, or if powerassist is implied during ESS

0 Likes 0 ·
Fedya Skitsko avatar image Fedya Skitsko commented ·
but it will give the grid the priority to feed the need, right? how to change this behaviour ?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic