question

niko-tesla avatar image
niko-tesla asked

Multiplus Dipswitch Issue

I am running a 48/3000 multiplus with a midnight 250 controller on an off grid solar setup. I have purchased a Honda EU22I generator to helpay on the cloudy days. Because it is a small genny I have tried to limit the ac input current by using the dipswitches. My issue arises when I press and hold the up button for 2 seconds, there is no flashing red lights to indicate that the settings have saved. I have also tried holding the button for various other times, but I can't get it to work. I have read the manual several times, as well as the in depth description.

Any suggestions? Other than buy an mk3usb interface

Cheers

powerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

No you will require a MK2/MK3 unit to do that sort of programing and power support settings.

there are lots of advanced options you can use the unit for.

this will make doing your adjustments much easier

I have never tried to use the dip switchs as I find the MK3 to be a breeze to use

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I have posted this before in response to another question about dip switch programming. There is an EXCELLENT and extremely comprehensive article here by Peter Kennedy about using the dipswitches to program the multiplus;

https://shop.pkys.com/Multiplus-dipswitches.html

His conclusion that one's time is better spent using the MK3-USB instead is also worthy of attention.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic