question

bau avatar image
bau asked

Phoenix Inverter 12/3000 'on' LED flashing and 'overload' lit without load

Any idea of what could cause this error message : 'inverter on' flashing and 'overload' lit. This happens as soon as I switch on the inverter, even with the AC out cables disconnected. If I let the unit disconnected from batteries overnight, I get about 2 minutes of 'inverter on' lit, no overload alarm and then, again without load, I go back to same error status. I have opened up the unit after the problem occurred and visual inspection of all components offers no clue. Connecting other battery gives same problem.
Any lead? Many thanks.

This is a 2012 unit on a sailboat. It has worked fine till now.

Phoenix Invertererror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Bau, unfortunately this will almost certainly be a failure of the main control pcba in the unit; it's well out of warranty by now, but an authorized Victron Service Center near you may be willing to further diagnose and/or try replacing the pcba in the unit (for a price, of course, since it's out of warranty).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page