question

Cgabay avatar image

Device id changes on venus gx

Hello all,

I have a venus gx and a battery monitor, a smart 100/30 Mppt connected to ve.direct ports. I also have a gps and smart 100/20 mppt connected to usb port via usb hub. All devices working and communicating properly with venus gx. However, 100/20 gets device id sometimes 288 and sometimes 289. Therefore, I have mixed data on vrm. Do you have any suggestions to correct it or prevent it to happen?


thanks in advance,


Venus GX - VGXVRM
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jbakuwel avatar image

Hi @Cgabay,

It is a known issue for which there is no easy solution as far as I know. I am using a custom local monitoring and control system here and have written a script that figures out the device ids after Venus reboots. It still mucks up VRM though... but at least not the local monitoring and control system.

It might be possible to merge data in VRM... that's something for Victron staff to comment on.

Jan


1 comment Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks fır the answer

LKLMEnterprises avatar image

Anyone get an update on a solution for this at all? Just discovered this issue myself, where the Shunt was ID 288, but after I installed a GPS I noticed looking at the console it could not see the Battery Monitor (which I have the Shunt added as the Battery Monitor)

Then after a reboot in VRM I am now seeing Device 288 with OLD data, and device 289 is the Current device.

It's probably something to do with how the Raspberry Pi is picking up the USB Serial device - much like how Windows too will assign a different COM port for some devices if you put it in a different USB port.


1 comment Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

The only thing I discovered that it happens to device(s) connected to usb port.