question

jnkelliott avatar image
jnkelliott asked

Quattro with Cerbo resetting every 24hrs

My 48/10000/140-2x100 Quattro (Firmware 430) is resetting every 24 hrs or so. It is on shorepower AC1, with the batteries SOC at 99% and set to UPS. There is no shore power disruption but the Quattro shuts down all power.

The only change in the system is, I switched from a CCGX to a Cerbo GX with a Color Touch 50 last week. The Cerbo is a rev01 with the latest Firmware 2.54. I also have a BVM-712 (firmware 4.03)

The Cerbo GX is also resetting at the same time.

The Quattro flashes 3x “bulk”, “absorption” and “float” alternating with “inverter on”. It then has a solid “float” led while flashing alternating 2x “absorption” and “inverter on”. It then repeats that full sequence multiple times until the Quattro restarts with “mains on” and “float” steady.

There are no assistants, no ESS, no BMS and the Virtual Switch is off.

Help!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jnkelliott

I'd first install the latest firmware, if the problem persists, we can look into it further. is the system connected to internet? if so, what is the VRM id?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jnkelliott avatar image
jnkelliott answered ·

The Cerbo is indicating that all of the firmware is up to date. Is there a newer version for either the Cerbo or Quattro?

Thr VRM is 020e04430330

Thank you!

6 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Jnkelliott

I see an error 14:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_14_-_device_cannot_transmit_data

I'd first check your cabling (just use a new rj45 cable temporarily instead of existing cable)

Also check if there is not accidentally a ve.CAN terminator used on the ve.BUS connectors (the blue connectors without a cable attached) ve.bus doesn't use terminators.

for the Quattro there is a newer firmware available yes:

https://docs.victronenergy.com/victronconnect-vebus.html#firmware-updates

0 Likes 0 ·
jnkelliott avatar image jnkelliott Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you! There isn’t a VE.Can terminator in the VE. Bus.

I’ll update the firmware and check with a fresh RJ45 connector.

To confirm, 2653474 would be the appropriate firmware. Correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jnkelliott commented ·

Hi @Jnkelliott

yes that firmware is fine (version 474)

don't just use a fresh connector, use a factory made 'ethernet cable'

0 Likes 0 ·
jnkelliott avatar image jnkelliott Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I updated the Quattro firmware and the Cerbo continued to crash randomly. I could reproduce the crash when I turn on our navigation electronics on a separate breaker. The voltage drop was from 14.25V to 13.75V.

While it is annoying that the Cerbo crashes, the real issue is that it takes my Quattro down with a hard restart every time. When my old CCGX power cycled, it never took down the Quattro. I have LIFePO4 batteries and the hard restart of the Quattro causes a brief bulk and then absorption. That constant cycle without a discharge drives the balance of my batteries way off.

Any rate, I had to roll back to my CCGX with the same configuration. It works perfectly with no issues.

If it would help, I can provide my CCGX VRM ID for comparison.

Also, I could power up the Cerbo and connect the WiFi so you can look at it as well.

I just can’t use it with my Quattro until the stability issue is resolved. :-(

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jnkelliott commented ·

Hi @Jnkelliott

That's very strange!

We'll be looking into it, and will probably contact you by email.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you! I look forward to hearing from the team.

0 Likes 0 ·