question

joagie avatar image
joagie asked

Orion-Tr Smart 24/12-30A - poor bluetooth perfomance

Hi all,

I have installed an Orion Tr Smart 24/12 30A in my motorhome. I took the choice for this model because I want to be able to switch it on/off while driving.

But the bluetooth performance is very poor. The device is in mounted in the garage of my motorhome. During the instalation in the garage I checked receiving my MPPT and BMV (mounted inside the motorhome) there without any problems. Now the situation is as follow:

Inside the motorhome I can reach my MPPT and BMV but not the Orion in the garage. I try to reach it inside only a few cm away at the other side of the compound wall with no result.

Inside my garage I can receive all 3 devices.

Beside the motorhome I can receive the MPPT and BMV without problems, the Orion only at the door of my garage if it is open.

Is there any option to a better performance ? I know the option to use a cable to switch the device but I bought this device to to it by bluetooth.

Thanks

Hoagie

orion-tr smartBluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jhickok avatar image jhickok commented ·

Same... very spotty in the truck cab, but works fine standing outside the battery compartment or in my truck camper. The distance isn't far, so either Bluetooth is weak on the device, or my cab and camper are very thick walled.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
trollan avatar image
trollan answered ·

Hi there - I am having the same issue with Orion Tr DC DC 24/24 - 17 SMART.

Can only get bluetooth reception for it in the camper not in the cab of the truck 1 metre away. All other devices work fine from the cab which are in fact further away. Watching this thread hopefully there is an update.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

Orion-Tr Smart 24/12-30A - poor Bluetooth performance... it amazing that a "high quality" product cannot do better... I have a 15$ Chinese Bluetooth just beside the Orion and I got a very good signal Come on Victron...

2 |3000

daniel-comerford avatar image
daniel-comerford answered ·

Same problem as well. BMV and MPPT work fine, but DC-DC need to be standing next to it to connect

2 |3000

skip-s avatar image
skip-s answered ·

I have the same problem ( can't tell what's going on while driving ) with Victron Energy Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-Volt... won't connect to bluethooth !!! MPPT 100/50 no problem .

The 12/12 is mounted on the drivers side, ( outside ) MPPT is mounted on passenger ( outside ) WHERE is Victron on this issue ?????? I would have a hard time to recommending the 12/12 to a friend , maybe a enemy .... again WHERE is Victron

2 |3000