question

vk3zqv avatar image
vk3zqv asked

What to do when I can't add a site to Victron Portal - stuck in email loop

Hi,

I see a question about my issue but no answer on how to fix it.

It was fixed manually by the moderator.

I have my device connected to the portal and uploading data fine but when I went to add it to my list it says I have to respond to an email sent to me but I never receive the email even after many try's the same as the other post so I am stuck in a loop.

I have checked my email address in my profile and it looks ok, my user is vk3zqv@hotmail.com.

Can you please advise how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Michael

VRMCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @vk3zqv,

For security reasons taking over an account that has already been registered is still a manual review done by a trusted authority that requires proof of purchase, ownership and possession.

The process is explained here - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1485/administrator-of-the-installation.html

Basically, use the support ticket feature, and if that does not get any results, contact your place of purchase, and very lastly once all of those have been given enough time and are still dead ends - contact your National Victron Sales Manager.

In the case where you are not receiving the emails sent by VRM, in all cases so far, the user has either made a typing mistake when entering, it is in their spam box, or it is leaving our servers (once we check) and for unknown reasons, not being received.

The best thing to do would be to try and register with another email address if you have one, preferably Gmail as it is known known good and working reliably with our mail servers. If you only have one email address, and do not want a gmail account, and you are absolutely certain you have searched all your mail boxes for Victron and it has never arrived, then please get in touch with the sales manager and explain this, and then a VRM administrator can do some additional manual steps to override the email confirmation. But it is likely you will also be missing out on email notifications and other important VRM features too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.