question

Nicola avatar image
Nicola asked

how to sync ve.bus with SOC

Hi, I've a problem with sync Ve.bus data with SOC, so the graphic result always empty. Any Idea?

VRMSOCVE.Bus
soc.jpg (170.6 KiB)
no-data.jpg (172.2 KiB)
vebus.jpg (162.5 KiB)
gw.jpg (172.1 KiB)
vebus.jpg (162.5 KiB)
soc-off.jpg (63.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @nicola.comino; I had a look at your system; as discussed above: please update the firmware of the MultiPlus to the latest firmware.

The documentation of the feature you want to use is here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#battery_state_of_charge_soc

And then more specifically section 2.4.2, (B).

I'm not sure if and why there would be an issue with the firmware its running now (413); but regardless: the first step is to update that firmware.

I hope that sorts it soon!

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nicola avatar image Nicola commented ·

Nothing changed after updating firmware to 459.

Could it be an error between Venus-GX and Phonix inverter? Maybe the UTP cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
jhass1 avatar image jhass1 commented ·

Hi Mvader, thanks for your help - I have a similar problem. You refer to section 2.4.2, (B) which says "

In the same menu, verify that the option 'Use solar charger current to improve VE.Bus SOC' is enabled. Note that this is not a setting - it just an indicator of an automatic process. ". My problem is that mine reads "OFF" and cannot be changed.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ jhass1 commented ·

Hi, start with updating firmware of all involved devices.

If that doesn’t help, then please explain type of system & firmware versions involved, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
jhass1 avatar image jhass1 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, finally managed to update Firmware and now see the “use solar charger current to improve VE.Bus SOC” is ON. Yaay. This all happened at 22:00 so no sun to test it, but tomorrow we will see. Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ jhass1 commented ·

Thats good to hear!

0 Likes 0 ·

Excellent. The battery SOC is now updating. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Mvader. As mentioned the SOC is working. I have update the firmware to all 3 devices ( the multiplus, the MPPT Smart Solar and the Venus GX). I have 4 x Pylontech UP2500 24v batteries connected to the VENUS GX via a Victron supplied Victron Energy VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type B Cable 1.8 m - ASS030720018. My problem is that the batteries do not show up as a “Device” on the VictronConnect App. Any ideas? Can you confirm that the Pylontech UP2500 are crtified as OK with Victron? many thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi, it could be settings (canbus profile) or other things. If you cant make it work, then I recommend to either contact your dealer or make a new question here at Community. Hope its sorted soon!

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Nicola. This is a good question, and finding an answer to it in the Victron literature seems to raise questions for me. I suspect it's a firmware thing.

There is this: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:faq

There it says 4xx firmware is ok, but I *think* I remember Matthijs? posting somewhere that 419? or greater may be necessary for total satisfaction. My old memory though..

I only use 158, and it doesn't add pv input to SOC, but does include generator input. It doesn't say "No Data" on the VRM Portal, it still shows the SOC graph without pv input (still there 5 months later, I just checked).

If you have the kit and the expertise, maybe try updating to the latest 431?

1 comment
2 |3000

Nicola avatar image Nicola commented ·

Unfortunatelly, also after firmware update (to 433) SOC is still not recognized.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nicola avatar image
Nicola answered ·

Nothing changed after updating firmware to 459.

Could it be an error between Venus-GX and Phonix inverter? Maybe the UTP cable?

Is it right that in remote console, the system notice there is a "Multiplus 48/5000/70-100" instead a Phoenix inverter 48/5000? Aa autodetection error due to old firmware?

3 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @nicola.comino,

1) Multi vs Phoenix: no thats no detection error. It doesn't distinguish its name. This is actually something that will be fixed soon in a new firmware for your GX device.

2) SOC sync not working: aha! I think I understand it now, is probably not supported because you have an Phoenix Inverter. And not a MultiPlus inverter/charger or Quattro. The feature is not in the inverters. I'll make sure though, and confirm. Probably after easter.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nicola avatar image Nicola mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

1) ok

2) damn... so the only way seems to add a BM device?

thanks a lot for your aswers, have a great Easter!

0 Likes 0 ·
super-wolf avatar image super-wolf mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi there, seem to have the eaxact same problem.

My system (BlueSolar 150/70, Phoenix 48/5000, CCGX, all on latest firmare) do always show the SOC at 0%. Is there any hope that a Phoenix will be capable of calculating SOC?

Appreciate any comments.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is VE.Bus?