question

richard-shaw avatar image
richard-shaw asked

BMV-712 and Smart Monitor w/o MPPT Controller

I would like to add a battery monitor to my travel trailer, but it's not easy to get from the best place to mount the display to the battery. I would like to use a BMV-712 but instead of running a voltage sense wire (and temperature sensor) from the monitor to the battery outside the front of the trailer I was thinking of just using a smart senor, but all the information says it's used in conjunction with a smart MPPT controller. Is that **REQUIRED** or just typical?

monitoringSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Richard Shaw The BMV-712, smart battery sense etc. are indeed connected to an MPPT via a smart network. You will however be able to see the information from it in VictronConnect. Unless you require the screen, the smart shunt may overcome your mounting challenge as you can mount it near the battery and access it via VictronConnect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual