question

schalk-1 avatar image
schalk-1 asked

Can diffrent "can-products" clash?

We have an client with an existing Victron 5kVa Quattro inverter. The client wants to replace the old batteries with lithium batteries. We intend on using BlueNova. BlueNova uses the can-port for communication. The only "possible" problem I can predict will be the existing charge controller; which is one of the older ve-can charge controllers victron has.

We will add a GX device for proper control and monitoring, but i want to be sure that the two ve-can products will not clash when communicating with the GX

Will this be a problem or can i assume that it will work? Or is it just safe to suggest a new charge controller?

battery chargingLithium BatteryCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@schalk@solarengineering Have you tried searching first as it is actually documented in the BlueNova installation guide on the Victron website.

See point 5.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:bluenova

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

schalk-1 avatar image schalk-1 commented ·

Thank you for the response. I see now it is written there. I scanned through the document earlier, but missed that. My apologies.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw schalk-1 commented ·

No harm done. Glad I could help. BlueNova is ahead of the competition with integrated wifi and remote monitoring etc.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?