question

tony-c avatar image
tony-c asked

CCGX Config for Li-ion - Assistants

I am in the process of changing fro AGM to Li-ion batteries using VE Configure 3. When I select Li-ion as the battery type a panel appears stating that Li-ion batteries "(Also require an Assistant)"

When I go to the Assistants Tab the screen shows "The firmware in the device does not support Assistants"

Which device?

the Quattro 12/5000/22-2x75 (product ID 2633) ? which has firmware 155, or

the CCGX which has V2.33

p will be gratefully received.

Lithium BatteryCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Tony. It's referring to the Quattro, that's what VE.Config does and where assistants go. 155 is somewhat dated, and if you upgraded would likely find yourself up in the 46x range somewhere, and may not even need assistants?

Been a fair bit happening with this stuff recently, and I'm not familiar enough personally. Maybe start here and work along: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

Your first priorities might be to confirm the suitability of your model and determine the kit you need to carry it out.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tony-c avatar image
tony-c answered ·

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question

2 |3000