question

jabrockert avatar image
jabrockert asked

turn off battery charger

I have a multiplus 12/3000/50 and I would like to have the inverter on so ac would be passed through but have the battery charger off. Is there anyway to run the device with the battery charger off?

battery charging
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

serpa4 avatar image serpa4 commented ·

To piggyback off this question...

If you have the multiplus and want to turn off the charger only on frequent bases, should I purchase individual components (charger and inverter) instead of a multiplus? I need to use a smaller generator to run a dive compressor which will take much of the generator's power. If I fire up the generator, the multiplus will try to charge my batteries at up to 120 amps. I'm sure the generator cannot handle it.

However, as you described above, with the mk3-USB, ve connect app on my phone, etc. once it is disabled on my ve connect app, it is just using the app to turn on and off the charger or do you have to repeat the programing steps every time to enable and disable the charger?

I.e. is it easier to just turn off a battery charger with a switch insted of programing on and program off every time with ve connect app and dongle?

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw serpa4 commented ·

There is a setting in DVCC to limit the charge current as well as you can set a limit on the ACIN side which restricts current bi-directionally.

0 Likes 0 ·
serpa4 avatar image serpa4 ejrossouw commented ·

I'll have to see/read what the DVCC is as well as the ACIN. I don't own a multiplus yet.

However, the "setting in DVC" or Setting ACIN, can they be done quickly and often, or do you have to program them or login to the multiplus or complex thing?

I'm looking for a quick way to turn it off. Even opening a panel and flipping a dip switch which will be under my bed tucked away, is too much work. If I can just use the Victron App to change turn it on or off instantly with my phone is what i"m looking for.

Thanks for any advice/tips/help. I appreciate it.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @jabrockert

Using the MK3 adaptor, with VEConfigure you can untick the 'Enable charger' box. VictronConnect is just a maybe that way (I didn't look).

With a GX box you can select 'Inverter Only'. That's the easy method.

With just a bare Multi, I don't think it's possible. There are likely dipswitches in there behind the front cover, but I think they can only reduce the charge in steps, not turn it off.

2 |3000