question

bacamick avatar image
bacamick asked

can i have shore with no charge

hi , is it possible to be able to be connected to shore power and NOT have the charging on , as to not charge batterys ? on a 12/3000/120/16 , i do have a remote gx2oo panel as well if that helps , basicly id like to stay in a rv park for a couple of weeks running of there power once my batts (lithiums) are full cheers

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bobcat avatar image
bobcat answered ·

If you are worried about cycling the batteries, which reduces life, and assuming your charger is properly rated for it, just run your charger as a power supply and disconnect the batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think you could use the "charge current control" assistant.
Connect a switch to AUX1(or AUX2 or tempsense) and use it to disable the charger if you don't want to charge the batteries.
The 90A you have to set to the value you need for your batteries.

nocharge.png (20.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Yes, just turn the charger off with Victron Connect when you dont want to be charging.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic