question

fagan1 avatar image
fagan1 asked

Multiplus Ground Relay Voltage

I am troubleshooting the ground relay function. I have two multi plus II’s and an autotransformer. The autotransformer is not bonding neutral to ground when inverting, even though I have the ground relay wiring in the place and the ground relay option unchecked in the multi plus configuration. If I put a multimeter in the ground relay on the multi plus what should I read? Also what voltage range / amps can I supply the auto transformer to force the neutral to PE bond.... trying to isolate the problem....

Multiplus-IIRelayGroundingAutotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bcarmena avatar image
bcarmena answered ·

I am having the exact same problem. I am using two Multiplus 24-3000-70 units in a split phase configuration. I am also showing no output from the multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Yusef Neblett avatar image
Yusef Neblett answered ·

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have a Multi 48/5000/70 240 connected to an AT and noticed that the gnd relay at the AT never closes. If you follow that diagram in the back of the AT front plate you will see no continuity between PE and N (no wires connected to AT).

I found the relay inside the AT says: 28vdc so I tested with an variable dc power supply and only with 1 volt the relay close and continuity stablish between PE and N at the AT.

But my multi does not send any signal at all. I even tried with the dip switches to force to use the external gnd relay but the Multi does not send any voltage out of the External gnd relay green terminals.

2 |3000

ewbcvec avatar image
ewbcvec answered ·

It sounds like the answer to all of these questions may be that you have the ground relay disabled in the configuration via VEConfigure or VictronConnect. On a Multiplus or a Quattro, that also disables the external ground relay signal from the inverter/charger.

The only way to enable the external ground relay signal is with the tiny DIP switch 1 on the inverter/charger. It needs to be set to 1 to enable the signal to the external ground relay. This should also disable the internal ground relay.

This may not be true on a Multiplus II which may not have the DIP switch (I don't have one of those to check). In that case I think that the external relay signal is enabled when you disable the ground relay via VEConfigure or VictronConnect.

2 |3000