question

Jonny Sollid avatar image
Jonny Sollid asked

Multiplus "unknown device" on Raymarine nmea diagnosis.

Hi.

During diagnosis on Raymarine plotter (nmea), multiplus list as "unknown n2k device" Anyone know about this error and why this occurs?

I have Cerbo gx with Raymarine axiom connected to Ethernet port and in addition VE-can to nmea2000 cable connected. Multiplus 12/1200 with latest firmware 2607469vff.

Attach nmea log from Raymarine plotter for details.

},

"Unknown n2k device MultiPlus Compact 12": {

"product_name": "Unknown n2k device",

"product_type": "n2k",

"serial_no": "MultiPlus Compact 12"

},

"Unknown n2k device MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 0000502": {

"serial_no": "MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 0000502"

},

"Unknown n2k device MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 0000503": {

"serial_no": "MultiPlus Compact 12/1200/50-16 0000503"

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxNMEA 2000 - N2Kraymarine
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

From what I have read, I thought the new architecture was to put everything into the gx device with ve.net for multis and ve.can for other devices. then link to the plotter with the Ethernet as you have.

The adapter isn’t needed now.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jwfrary avatar image jwfrary commented ·

I haven’t gotten around to buying the cable for our system, (simrad) so I haven’t tested it myself.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid commented ·

Hi.

From the manual, I have to use cable between plotter and Cerbo gx to make the app work. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-raymarine

In the "NMEA 2000 & MFD integration guide" it says that I can use the Ethernet, nmea 2000 cable or both. Looks like there has been a lot of development on this and that manuals have not been updated. I would like to have the app, nice look and functionality. I also want all data from Victron in nmea 2000 network for log and graphical presentation on PC.

0 Likes 0 ·
jwfrary avatar image jwfrary Jonny Sollid commented ·

I re read your first post. can you confirm if your connecting the multiples to the n2k network with a Ve.Can (Blue One) cable or a Ve.bus cable (Black with a box in the middle?

The multi's are a ve.bus product so shouldn't be connected to the 2k with the blue cable which is what your first post is saying.

Since you have a cerbo, connect the multi to the cerbo with a normal ethernet cable, to the ve,bus port on the cerbo and then connect the ethernet from the cerbo to the axiom and it should all work!

you won't need the termination resistors for the ve.can in any of the products.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid jwfrary commented ·
Hi.
I have multiplus connected directly to Cerbo gx with rj45 nettwork cable to Ve-bus, no black box (interface). I also have Nmea2000 to VE.Can on Cerbo gx and In addition I have a cable from network port on cerbo gx to raymarine plotter to use the app as described in the manual. Is this wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·