question

dasnider avatar image
dasnider asked

Cerbo GX and bluetooth connectivity?

I've got a couple of Victron "Smart" devices - an Orion-TR Smart 24>12 converter, a BMV 712 Smart monitor and an MPPT controller - which have Bluetooth capability. Is there a way to connect those to the Cerbo GX via Bluetooth, or do I have to wire them into the Cerbo using a VE cable?

Thanks,

-David

cerbo gxBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

Currently you can use the cerbo BT only for the WiFi settings.
So you have to connect the other devices via cable.

It is also worth noting that the Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger cannot be connected to the Cerbo at all, since it does not have a VE.Direct port and is not VE.Smart Network capable.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skleven avatar image skleven commented ยท
Is there any work being done to make BT supported deviced communicate with the Cerbo GX? ve.direct cables is really not the best when it comes to routing and cablemanagement. And bluetooth would be a natural evolution you would think.
0 Likes 0 ยท
dasnider avatar image
dasnider answered ยท

Thanks for the answer, mlange. Sounds like the Orion isn't so smart after all - and in fact if the Cerbo can't connect to other devices then it ain't all that smart either! Oh well...

David

2 |3000

pepe1395 avatar image
pepe1395 answered ยท

@Matthias Lange - Service Team Dรถbeln DE

Are there some news about Orion Tr becoming smarter so it is able to chat with a Cerbo?

Thank you very much.

Ciao!

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Not and I don't think there is anything coming in the near future.

0 Likes 0 ยท