question

kiwibev avatar image
kiwibev asked

BMV 700 Issue with battery status

Made a mistake yesterday. Pushed the sync buttons when the batteries were only 82% full. This has changed the battery capacity to 100%. Now I can't undo it. How do I get the charge to return so I know the batteries are full.

System is:

4 x 6vDeep Cycle batteries in series and parallel giving 12v and 500Ah capacity

Charge voltage set at 13. 6v

Tail current set at 4%

Everything else set at factory default.

Any suggestions how to get batteries back to their true 100% capacity?

Thanks

Kiwibev

battery chargingBMV Battery Monitorbattery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA avatar image
Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA answered ·

@kiwibev, the BMV isn't controlling your batteries' capacity, so the easiest thing to do would be to charge them fully using a known charging method such as an AC-DC charger or an inverter/charger or something like that and just re-sync the BMV to 100% once they're fully charged.

Your (4) 6v batteries are 250Ah capacity each? What are you using as the primary charge source for the bank?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kiwibev avatar image
kiwibev answered ·

Thanks Justin. Will have to go to a marina and use our charger to get batteries up to full charge again.

Primary charge source is solar panels but use yacht engine when sun uncooperative or visit a marina and use 240v charger on timer to keep batteries topped up overnight.

2 |3000