christos avatar image
christos asked

Victron Connect has stopped working

I have an Asus pc which is connected all-time in my Victron mppt's

i recently made a format and reeinstalled windows 7 ultimate genuine software

everything in the pc is working flawless, but

when i installed the victronconnect and run it

i get a message " the program has stopped working" and "close the programm"

i cannot run it and get a blank window with this message.

i tried to run it as administrator but, same thing

i saw in properties that victronconnect is running compatible to windows xp sp2

i even changed this to run it in compatibility with windows 7, but same thing.

i even tried to download v4.3 which i had before and was working with no problem but, victron is giving me only v5.19

i even ran a winfix utility for everything in the system but, no glitches no corrupted or missing files and no problems.

i've spended 5 days trying to make it run.....no results

please advise

( i'm having bbq fish to ease my sorrow )

VictronConnect
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Christo. How was the fish ;)

The issue here will be the New Windows install. It it as up-to-date as Microsoft supports? And all your drivers also?

It does sound like something is missing in the install. For some programs it is netframework. I am not totally certain what Victron connect needs in terms of extra features.

0 Likes 0 ·
christos avatar image christos Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Windows 7 have all updates with net framework 4.8 and all drivers are up-to-date

i installed windows xp sp3 in the same pc and victronconnect is working fine....but shows only numbers, no graphs.

i'm just wondering, why victronconnect v4.3 (i had before, as the pc was not connected to the internet to update) had no issue with windows 7, or is it the latest updates that made this problem ?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

Hi,

Recently I used VictronConnect on my tablet, Win10 64bit.

The moment I connect, in my case, the MK3 cable, the mouse goes ballistic over the screen.

To fix it, I first start the VictronConnect software, then connect the MK3 cable, the connect the VenusGX to it.

My point being, the software got excited and by changing the sequence when I connect the cable, solved the problem ... I did not report it no.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources