question

miya avatar image
miya asked

EasyPlus Compact 1600

Hi

When disconnected from Shore Power - and with the EasyPlus switched fully ON - the product Inverting LED is show green (ON) - all the time - even with no loads attached to the AC side. And, my BMV is showing 0.95A draw - but with no loads (on the AC side or on the 12v side) attached.

However, before I installed the BMV, the green inverting LED would stay off, and the draw was less, and when I connected a load on the AC side there was an audible click, followed by green LED coming on.

Since installing the BMV, the green LED is on all the time - and the EasyPlus seems to be inverting permanently - even though no AC loads are connected.

Help ?!

Thanks.

BMV Battery MonitorPhoenix InverterEasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Miya I think what has happened here is you may have become more aware of what is happening with your Easy Plus.

The green light being on when it is switched on is correct. Unless you switch it off or switch it to charge only. When it is on it is in inverter mode waiting for you to use it and so will be consuming a bit of energy self powering even with no loads.

What has happened with the BMV installation is now you are aware of the inverter system's self consumption. The BMV itself will also be drawing a very small amount to also be giving out the readings.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miya avatar image miya commented ·

Hi Alexandra - yeah - that makes sense about me being aware - good point,. And you would expect the 0.95A to be about the right amount in this 'inverting waiting' state with no loads ? Ta.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ miya commented ·

It seems about right. It will depend on your settings. Our Easy Solar 3000KvA shows about 0.5 - 0.6A on the BMV, but it is set to go into AES mode when the load is less than 50W.

0 Likes 0 ·
miya avatar image miya Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi Alexandra. Many thanks. Understood. I have just used VE Configure to switch on AES Mode- but it would seem I can not - as my EasyPlus is connected to other products by VE Bus - and VE Connect states that AES settings are ignored when part of VE Bus set up. Was hoping I might get the draw down - closer to yours. Again - thanks for your help on this matter - much appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

I dare say that your BMV is also registering current that your CCGX is also using.

2 |3000

Related Resources