question

jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe asked

victron configure 3 error wont load my system settings not enough information...

Hi,

My system is in a motorhome, quattro , connected using a ccgx and 2 lithium smart batteries , with theVictron VE bus BMS

I have updated my quattro to the lastest firmware using my mk3 usk and android phone and victron connect app.(so i can access setting on the move if required)

This re sets the inverters settings so i needed to re-do them. I did what i could using the connect app.

I can do all the settings via the app except assistants.

So my CCGX is showing No BMS ERROR

I need to run the BMS assistent for my VICTRON smart Lithium batteries. This is by default not loaded so i went onto my Victron VRM portal , downloaded the Quattro settings as normal but VE confgure will not open the file giving the following error

The file does not contain all required information. (file probably created with an older version of the Venus.OS)

Everything is up-to date.. Ve config 3 , the CCGX and the Quattro But i need to bms assistant to be running and if i can't open vic config 3 i cant add the assistant.

I tried uploading my old saved file but the CCGX / Quattro wouldnt accept it ,

Is there something i am missing should i be downloading the inverter settings via the vrm with the bms or batteries discconnected? or is the fact that i updated the inverter settings via the connect app mean i now have no access via ve config 3 ?

Your help would be appreciated.

JAY

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRMve.bus bms
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaywolfe avatar image jaywolfe commented ·

Ok I I have rolled my ccgx into a newer firmwire. It wasnt working on the latest.

I will try tommorow with the make usb and take my laptop so I can plug in direct

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Why you don't use the MK3 with your laptop to connect VE.config directly to the Quattro?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaywolfe avatar image jaywolfe commented ·

Thankyou. I will try this tommorow and report back. My laptop wasnt available at the time

0 Likes 0 ·
jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe answered ·

Update.

I seem to have managed to load the assistant.

Bizarrely my laptop could not find the com port for the usbmk3 ?

So going foward it would like to know possible fixes for this.

I reinstalled the update via my phone and the mk3usb then re downloaded the settings to the laptop via the vrm portal and this time it worked .

Can anyone help with troubleshooting the laptop failing to find the mk3usb ? Running on windows 10.

Jay

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
rhillebrand avatar image
rhillebrand answered ·

I Buy a 3x newone Multiplus 2 5kva 70A

and a Octo GX , is sync in VRM an direct over ip accessable.

I download the Config File , want open in VE.Configure but the its fails with

Port Selection

Fake Target from file

*.*rvsc

== than

The File does not contain all required information

"File probably created with an older version of the Venus.OS)

???????????????????????

it is possible that the device multiplus 2 need ready to setup the assistant with mk3 usb cable and after the assistant is down than it works, but fore use a firmware without assistent activate i need again this mk3 usb cable ?

och menno why u dont put networks ports on every device ......................

Produkt MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48

Firmware-Version 470

Letzte Verbindung vor 36 Minuten

Product-ID 2623

VE.Bus-Verbindung VE.Bus

Hardware-Konfiguration Single unit

Geräteinstanz 261

5 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The lastest FW is 478. To update the FW you need a MK3 Interface.

Just double click on the downloaded file that should open VE.config automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·
rhillebrand avatar image rhillebrand Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Please answer the following questions:

Does VE.Configure 3 have to open the remote config file that I downloaded from VRM? (Firmware 470)

Is there a version of VE.Configure 3 with which config files can also be opened with Fireware 470?

Is there a possibility that I can use the Mulitplus without VE.Configure3 Can set AC limit to 10A and set DC charge to 15A?

a Double Click on Both OS Windows 7 and Linux its the same =

The File does not contain all required information

"File probably created with an older version of the Venus.OS)

0 Likes 0 ·
rhillebrand avatar image rhillebrand rhillebrand commented ·

max-ac-in-over-octo-gx.png

in this Case the multiplus2 load my battery with max 2300W , because he is limit on AC in or ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ rhillebrand commented ·

Auf welcher Version läuft denn der Octo GX? Die aktuellste seit September 2020 ist v2.60.

Mit Eingangstrombegrenzung auf 10A nimmt der Multi nicht mehr als 10A aus dem Netz.
Bin mir gerade nicht ganz sicher, aber in einem 3-phasen System gilt das glaube ich für jeden Multi, also 3x10A.

Um den Ladestrom in die Batterie zu begrenzen könnte man ggf. auch noch DVCC nutzen.

0 Likes 0 ·
rhillebrand avatar image rhillebrand Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hallo Matthias, danke für den hinweis mit der Firmware von der Octo GX diese lief auf der Version 2.23 , leider klappte das online upgrade auch nach diversen versuchen nicht, mittels usb ist es nachdem zweiten versuch dann gegangen. Und nun ist auch beim Download der Remote VE.Confgiure hier steht nun nicht mehr "VE.Bus device" sondern auch wirklich "Multiplus 2 48/5000 " und lässt sich nun auch mit dem VE.Configure unter Linux öffnen Super!

zusätzlich wollte ich noch bescheid geben die einstellungen, in der octo GX Maximale AC IN von 50> auf 6A klappt jedoch fliegt die sicherung trotzdem, erst wie das von dir beschrieben DVCC hab ich mal auf 6A gestellt und mit 20A abgesichert funktionierte es.

Ja ich habe 3 Stück gekauft aber nur einen in Betrieb, derzeit ich möchte nun vorerst mit die multis meine 20 Jahren alten Blei OpsZ schön langsam reaktivieren.

Also Danke für alles!

===============

Hi Matthias, thanks for the hint with the firmware of the Octo GX it ran on version 2.23, unfortunately the online upgrade didn't work even after several attempts, with usb it went after the second attempt. And now, when the remote VE.Configure is downloaded, it no longer says "VE.Bus device" but really "Multiplus 2 48/5000" and can now also be opened with the VE.Configure under Linux Great! In addition, I wanted to give notice of the settings, in the Octo GX Maximum AC IN from 50> to 6A works, but the fuse still flies, only as you described DVCC, I once set it to 6A and secured it with 20A. Yes, I bought 3 pieces but only one in operation, currently I would like to reactivate my 20 year old lead OpsZ slowly with the multis. So thanks for everything!

0 Likes 0 ·