question

shalombi avatar image
shalombi asked

[SOLVED] CCGX weird behavior. Constantly connecting and disconnecting to BMS when I turn on the PV

Configured everything last night successfully.

Got pylontech batteries (2) hooked up to a 3000/48 multi and a 150/70 mppt with the CCGX.

Everything works as expected, last night we used the inverter to power the home. Come morning I decided to connect the solar array to the mppt to start charging.

It seems to be working (early morning producing very little W) but as soon as I turn on the PV switch the information on the CCGX about the PV and batteries start to go in a connect disconnect cycle about every 5 seconds.

The data from the inverter works fine and the inverter as well but it just keeps connecting and disconnecting all the time.

It seems to be working fine but not sure if this is a bad sign,turned off pv just in case

Anyone seen this before, couldn't Google fu out of this one :(

[EDIT] Addition, found some posts with similar issues pointing to firmware versions. Seems I'm ok based on the Victron pylontech manual page:

CCGX is at v2.18 - docs say 2.15 minimum

Multiplus is at 430 - docs say 422 minimum

[Solved[ Turned out the bluesolar MPPT version wasn't good. Thanks for the help.

Updated to latest on CCGX which then triggered the warning on the version on the MPPT and through victron connect updating firmware was a breeze.

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Please confirm the firmware versions of all the devices.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shalombi avatar image shalombi commented ·

Checked the firmware version. They seem to be newer than minimum.

CCGX is at v2.18 - docs say 2.15 minimum

Multiplus is at 430 - docs say 422 minimum

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ shalombi commented ·

Update your MPPT and CCGX to the latest released FW as the first step as there is likely an incompatibility.

Latest MPPT FW is v1.47 (v1.46 included in VictronConnect should also be fine) and latest CCGX FW is v2.43.

If you are using managed batteries also ensure that they are running the latest FW, however your issue seems to be between the MPPT and CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·