Zakhar asked

Remote on/off MultiPlus from Venus GX

Hi, community!

I have ESS with next equipment:
Quattro 48/1000
Venus GX
BYD B-Box 10.0
SmartSolar x3

We need to be able to remote on/off inverter.
But if we have GX device, than it isn't possible to do that with switch, that was connected to inverter terminals "remote on/off".

How can I solve this task by using Venus GX.
Is it possible to find "remote on/off" terminals on it?
And may be necessary to modify the code?

Thanks

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGXswitch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

So when you say remotely, it seems that you mean with a local but remotely mounted physical switch.

You can add a Digital Multi Control unit and use the physical remote switch on that.

https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/digital-multi-control-panel-gx

This is what I use so that family can easily turn the Multiplus unit on/off remotely to the main setup.

This simply connects to the VE.Bus port on the Multiplus or Venus device using a regular network cable.

Just note that once connected the option to turn the Multiplus on/off via the Venus device or remote console will be disabled.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi Zakhar,

You can remote in, and choose the inverter state you require.

Don't forget to turn the inverter back on ;)

3 comments
2 |3000

Zakhar avatar image Zakhar commented ·

I have to do that physically with switch.
So your option does not fit.
But thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
45matches avatar image 45matches Zakhar commented ·

Hi @klim8skeptic,

I've been looking for this option in my GX, and can't find it. Are you able to describe or screencap the steps you navigated to get to that?

e.g. Menu > Settings > Etc > Etc > Inverter > Switch >

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
45matches avatar image 45matches commented ·

Hi @klim8skeptic,

I've been looking for this option in my GX, and can't find it. Are you able to describe or screencap the steps you navigated to get to that?

e.g. Menu > Settings > Etc > Etc > Inverter > Switch >

Many thanks in advance,
Andrew

0 Likes 0 ·
vicrvusr avatar image
vicrvusr answered ·

@Zakhar

This link has details on a service to control a Multiplus through a Venus GX with a switch attached to a digital input on the GX.

It's very likely that it can be adapted for the Quattro.

Note this caveat from the CCGX manual regarding combining the CCGX (or Venus GX) with the Digital Multi Control. This is why I chose to use the service method instead of the Multi Control:

Combining the CCGX with a Digital Multi Control
It is possible to connect both a CCGX and a Digital Multi control to a VE.Bus system. The ability to switch the product On, Off or set it to Charger Only via the CCGX will be disabled. The same applies to the input current limit: when there is a Digital Multi Control in the system, the input current limit which is set at that control panel will be the master-setting, and changing it on the CCGX will not be possible.

2 |3000