question

christyler avatar image
christyler asked

Maximum number of VE.Can tank adapters on a CCGX?

Is there a maximum number of ve can tank sender adapters I can display on the ccgx ?

CCGX Color Controltank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The CCGX does not have any tank sensor inputs. You'd have to use a VE.Can tank sender adapter. The VenusGX has three resistive tank sensor inputs, so I'd think that you be able to have at least three VE.Can senders on a CCGX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

christyler avatar image
christyler answered ·

Maybe my question wasn't very clear. I was asking how many ve can tank sender adaptors I can connect and display on a ccgx

2 |3000

christyler avatar image
christyler answered ·

This is not a very difficult or technical question, Maybe someone from victron can answer it for me ?

I can't seem to find the answer in any documentation.

4 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I apologize, I got sidetracked with holiday time etc.

I discovered that you can have 16 of each type of tank (fuel, fresh water, black water, wastewater, oil, live well). There are 10 VE.Can device ID's in Venus.

I'm not sure if the CCGX can read more than those 10 device ID's on the list.

0 Likes 0 ·
christyler avatar image christyler wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Ah, that's great news, I have 7 tanks to monitor, I wanted to check before I bought the tank adaptors.

0 Likes 0 ·
irwinr avatar image irwinr christyler commented ·

Where are you buying the adapters? Everywhere I've looked they are close to $400 USD each or more... I can't imagine buying 7 at that price!

0 Likes 0 ·
christyler avatar image christyler irwinr commented ·

Yes they are expensive, and I can't imagen why. But that is the way it is.

0 Likes 0 ·