question

mub avatar image
mub asked

I have a CCGX running 2.31 that no longer sees my tank sensors.

The CCGX has worked well for about a year working in a marine environment.

I have 4 liquid tank senders (3 water tanks and 1 diesel tank) that are connected to the CAN network through Navico 000-11518-001.

The 3 water tanks used to display on the CCGX and VRM portal, though it never displayed the fuel tank level.

All the tanks display on the boats MFD displays ( B&G Zeus2 running 16.3 release 2)

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to calibrate the fuel tank sender which I had never done before.

After the calibration the CCGX stopped reporting the water tank fluid levels, but the other displays still report all 4 tank levels.

All the other monitoring sees to still work.

The CCGX sees the three water sensors on the CAN network. And nothing thinks there are any CAN bus problems.

I have restarted everything, and done just about everything I can think of to get the sensors back on the logging system - but to no avail.

I would happily take any suggestions.

Brian

CCGX Color Controltank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Mub, see email
best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mub avatar image
mub answered ·

An update...

At Martijn's suggestion I have downgraded the firmware.

What we found is that the tank monitoring ( on this installation ) stops functioning at 2.23. So 2.30-2.33 do not seem to function for these tank sensors.

2.23 seems to work well. So until there is a fix in a newer version I am going to stay there.

Something about running out of water in the middle of a shower is a bad thing in my world.

Mub

2 |3000