question

moodlyd avatar image
moodlyd asked

Multiplus II Grid Relay Failure - Grid Code Password

Good Day, I have a MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 230V SKU: PMP482305000, operating for about a year on ESS. We have had load shedding a bit in South Africa, and recently we had extended power outages in addition to load shedding. For the past few days, a grid relay fault has been appearing shutting down the unit. I double checked the wiring, especially the neutral, and all ok.

I had to bypass the unit.

Please may I have the grid code password to disable the grid code relay.

Multiplus-IIESSerrorRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ยท

Hi

Victron won't release grid codes over forums etc, you have to go to your supplier dealer to get this. Have you updated the mulitplus to the latest firmware versions?

As there are some updates to this for grid related issues.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

moodlyd avatar image moodlyd commented ยท

Hi, will double check the firmware but should be at least 6 months since last update.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @Moodlyd,

Please go step by step through the troubleshooting steps for the relay error.

I presume that it is error 11 you are seeing?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_11_-_relay_test_fault_-_installation_error_or_possibly_relay_failure

4 comments
2 |3000

moodlyd avatar image moodlyd commented ยท

Hi, i did follow the step by step process and problem still exists

0 Likes 0 ยท

Which step was the reported failure in the VE.Bus Error 11 report menu of the GX device?

0 Likes 0 ยท
moodlyd avatar image moodlyd Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Hi #8 Ground relay test failed

0 Likes 0 ยท

If you have confirmed with a multimeter that the neutral wiring is correct (ie 240V between Active and Earth, 240V between Active and Neutral, and 0V between Neutral and Earth).

It would be interesting, but potentially unsafe (so do not try it) to reverse the AC Active in and Neutral wiring at the unit and seeing if the same error 8 persisted.

I presume that disconnecting/isolating the AC wiring completely means there is no fault, but the system cannot perform either?

There have been reports of issues with neutrals disconnecting at the transmission side in South Africa on this community - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/25355/common-neutral-in-domestic-situation.html

Once you are certain that the wiring is not at fault - you will need to contact your dealer for further testing of the unit and a remedy.

0 Likes 0 ยท