question

stull61 avatar image
stull61 asked

VE.BUS shuts down intermittedly

Two weeks ago my Victron LIFEPO4 system started shutting down, loosing all 12V to the boat. After a while it comes back. The first time I ran the generator. Subsequent times it happened when I was on shore power. The voltage looks fine before and after the incident (see screenshot of VRM showing latest occurrence). I'm wondering if I have a faulty BMS, or possibly a faulty LI-LOAD unit. Both the Li-Load and the two Li-Charge units blink when the system is down (solid blue when it is up and running).

Lithium BatteryBMSVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Stull61

I'm suspicious of the missing data in the first screen. Like even zero current isn't shown. It suggests a total loss of data from the VE.Bus.

Perhaps try a new cable (ethernet type) or reseating the plugs at each end. Somewhere to start..

Also, if you can 'afford' the little extra data, if you could reduce your reporting times down to per-minute it might help with troubleshooting.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.