question

jsladen avatar image
jsladen asked

Bluesolar not connecting to Victron Connect

Hi,

I have 2 Bluesolar 75/15 units, and a Smartsolar 100/20.

The Smartsolar 100/20 and one of the Bluesolar 75/15's connect to Victron connect just fine, and can be updated/controlled as expected.

The second Bluesolar unit is not detected by Victron connect, either by my computer or phone.

If I sniff the serial port, I can see it outputting data (currently on fw 1.39, and no error code), and it does appear to charge the batteries, I just cannot update or configure it for any different use.

Is there anything I can try to get the unit to respond, or additional fault finding I can do to work out what is up with it?

Many Thanks

MPPT ControllerschargerVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi ! I had such kind of issues. Unpair the Bluetooth, restart the phone, and repair them.

It should work.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Are you sure you have 2 Bluesolar 75/15 and not one Bluesolar and one Smartsolar?
A Bluesolar don't have Bluetooth and you need a VE.direct Smart dongle.

4 comments
2 |3000

jsladen avatar image jsladen commented ·

Hi Matthias,

Yes, I'm sure I have the units that I stated in my original message.

I am using 3 ve.direct to USB interfaces, which I have tried in every combination, and it is definitely the unit and not a cable that is the issue.

Opening the USB serial port in putty produces the normal text data output from that unit, but it just never responds/shows up in Victron Connect or VE Power Setup.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ jsladen commented ·

When you use Putty and type ":154"+enter (so ':', '1', '5', '4', enter), it should interrupt the so called text frames coming out of the MPPT and the MPPT should send something like :5######, containing the firmware version. When the MPPT does not show such a response, the receiving VE.Direct pin is probably not working and than that is the reason that VictronConnect does not show the MPPT as it needs to bi-directional communication.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
jsladen avatar image jsladen Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi Thiemo,

You are correct, the unit doesn't respond to that command, but the other 2 do. Is this a known issue, and/or is there anything I can do to get it working again?

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ jsladen commented ·

Hi,

This is not a known issue and I am afraid that the unit might be defective.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
jsladen avatar image
jsladen answered ·

Hi.

Yes I am sure i have exactly the units that I described. I use usb cables to connect to them all. Bluetooth is not involved at all at this point.

As I said above, I can look at the raw serial port data being sent from all 3 units, and it all looks ok, but that BlueSolar 75/15 is not detected by Victron Connect.

Further suggestions appreciated.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows