question

Rainbow Solar avatar image
Rainbow Solar asked

Can the Digital multi control be connected to a VEBus Phoenix?

Is it possible to remote switch a Victron Phoenix Off/On using a Digital multi control instead of a Phoenix inverter control?

Phoenix InverterDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Rainbow Solar, the DMC has several functions that a Phoenix Inverter does not support (for instance, the "charger only" side of the on/off switch, as well as the AC Input Current Limit knob of course)... We don't have VE.Bus Phoenix inverters here in the US (only VE.Direct) so I can't independently verify whether the one device will communicate with the other, but given the marked difference in functionality, may I inquire as to why you'd wish to use the DMC instead of the Inverter Control?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rainbow Solar avatar image Rainbow Solar commented ·

I earlier purchased a DMC for use with a Multiplus inverter. I am replacing the Multiplus inverter with a similar size VeBus Phoenix inverter.

So, I am wondering if I need to buy another remote switch or if I can use the DMC switch.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic