question

gvrutten avatar image
gvrutten asked

Temperature / Tank sensor data from Loxone in CCGX / VRM Portal

Hello,

I have created a Venus DBUS driver for Temperature and Tank level sensor data coming from a Loxone Domotica system. The driver queries Loxone using their REST API.

I run into some small issues:

1) whenever I set TemperatureType as per https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/dbus#temperatures in the CCGX Display's Device List the name becomes "Generic / Battery / Fridge Temperature Sensor" instead of the defined CustomName. In the Device -> Name field on the CCGX and using dbus-spy it does show the correct CustomName. Is this expected behavior. If I don't set the TemperatureType all is well and I see the CustomName in the Device List. Since I have a whole bunch of temperature sensors it's easier to distinguish what's what using the CustomName.

2) the data gets nicely forwarded to VRM however there it also carries a name "Temperature Sensor [n]". Is it possible to use the CustomName in VRM?

Thanks!

Regards,

Gjalt

VRMCCGX Color ControlTemperature Sensor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Let's see if someone in "Modifications" space can help you.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey @gvrutten thats cool! Is it ok for me to login to your system (remote support will need to be enabled), that would be the quickest for me to find out what the issue with those names is.

Wrt custom names on VRM: we recently add that; are you already running Venus OS v2.40 or later? (I recommend v2.42, see here https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/12/20/venus-os-v2-41-fixing-byd-communications-and-more/ )

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gvrutten avatar image gvrutten commented ·

Hi Matthijs,

Thanks for the response!

Re point 1) I've enabled Remote Login so you should be able to login. Very rudimentary code is in ~/vedbus_loxone.py. Line 129

self.dbusservice.add_path('/TemperatureType', self.temperature_type)

is commented out at the moment so the result in the display is as follows:

If I enable that line this is the result:

Re point 2) I've updated to version 2.42 this morning (was running 2.40). Doesn't make a difference though. I did notice that in /opt/victronenergy/vrmlogger/datalist.py the temp & tank sensors don't have a CustomName specified like:

'/CustomName': {'code': 'sth', 'whenToLog': 'configChange'}

Might that be related?

Regards,

Gjalt

0 Likes 0 ·
1576928998209.png (116.7 KiB)
1576929104759.png (152.5 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ gvrutten commented ·

Thanks Gjalt. Indeed, you found part of the issue: sending custom names to VRM for temp & tank senders is indeed not implement.

Also, the driver of the onboard tank & temp inputs on the Venus GX doesn't include custom name functionality: https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-adc.

I'll have to think a bit on how to handle those custom names in combination with that type setting.

0 Likes 0 ·
gvrutten avatar image gvrutten mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Morning Matthijs,

Thanks for the feedback! I am new to Venus OS / CCGX / Python so trying to learn.

Regards,

Gjalt

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ gvrutten commented ·

Hi Gjalt, we'll implement the custom names in the new year; and then I can also look further into the naming issue you're having. I didn't get to it and won't have time over the Christmas days and days thereafter..

merry christmas!

0 Likes 0 ·
gvrutten avatar image gvrutten mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Matthijs,

No worries, family time first and thanks for picking this up! Merry Christmas!

Gjalt

0 Likes 0 ·
aivatco2 avatar image
aivatco2 answered ·

Hey Gjalt,

can you a liitle explain how the loxone driver works, or would you share it whit me/ us.

I am just a normal loxone programmer, never did something with the rest api.

Thanks Armin

2 |3000