question

fenix avatar image
fenix asked

Smart battery sense display

Will it show the temperature/Voltage in the VRM portal?

..if i link the smart battery sense to BMV-712 to Ve.Smart Networking

..if i used wire temperature sensor to the Stater Battery

VRMbatteryremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Fenix, the Smart BatterySense will not communicate with the BMV-712 over a VE.Smart network; both devices are sending units only, so cannot receive information from one another. If you have a Smart BatterySense connected to a VE.Smart Network with an MPPT, and the MPPT connected to a Venus or other GX device that is connected to the internet, then the VRM portal will show battery temperature as a function of the MPPT status display in VRM (see attached photo).

Likewise if you have the wired temperature sensor connected to the BMV-712 pcb and the BMV is connected to a Venus or other GX device that is connected to the internet; the BMV will report the temperature data.

Because the wired temperature sensor replaces the stock power supply wire to the BMV-712 shunt, you should not connect the temperature sensor to any battery bank other than the one being monitored by the BMV. If the BMV is monitoring the house bank, the temperature sensor must also be connected to the house bank. It is not possible to connect a temperature sensor while also monitoring secondary battery voltage; it's an either-or scenario: the BMV can either monitor full usage of one bank and voltage of another, or full usage of one bank and midpoint voltage, or full usage of one bank and temperature of the same bank.

vrm.jpg (15.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi Justin. That temp reading you've arrowed actually comes from your 'local weather station'. A little extra VRM smarts when it knows your location.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ JohnC ♦ commented ·

Whaaaaaat... bloody hell, I thought that was the SBS telling my MPPT what temperature the batteries were. Well poop, now I don't know if the SBS data is visible anywhere on VRM... back to poking around again!

Thanks @JohnC, always happy to learn something new!

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Ha. There's a couple of widgets in the Solar Charger section that can grab/graph that for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

tks for the clarification

2 |3000

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Hopefully someone is still around on this...

Color Control GX with 150/100 SCC and smart battery sense.

Did anybody find a solution? I have the Smart Battery Sense networked with my MPPT. When I'm able to access it locally on bluetooth, I can see they're networked. When I'm on VRM, I can't see temperature anywhere.

This is the only widget I find with a reference to temperature:

I confirmed moving the location changed the display in the system overview as shown above.

In VictronConnect on the PC accessing the SCC device through the CCP GX, I see:

This number is possibly accurate (when I moved location to Phoenix, it bumped up to 43°C), but it will not update unless I shut the app down and restart it. Trends will show temperature as well, but again, it doesn't change since the initial load.

1596585540622.png (14.1 KiB)
1596585615085.png (79.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources