question

michael2019 avatar image
michael2019 asked

BYD 13.8 Firmware Update

Could someone please explain the procedure of updating the firmware of BYD 13.8?

I installed a three phase system of 15KVA Quattro on a parallel system of 5 units 13.8kWH. BYD firmware version: 4.22

Observations: I have a Charge Current Limit (CCL) of 875A

The total charging power displayed on the CCGX is the cumulative of the inverters charging power. (Which is very fine)

Now I installed the same 3 phase system using 4 BYDs but the firmware version is 4.17

Observation: The charging power displayed on the CCGX is the power of a single inverter i.e the charging power of the inverter the CCGX was connected to(Master/L1)

The Charge Current Limit (CCL) displayed on the parameter is also 175A.

This is traceable to the firmware version of the BYD. Any assistance to be rendered to update this BMU will be appreciated. No traceable solution on the internet.

Michael

firmware updateBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
byd-service avatar image
byd-service answered ·

Hello Michael,

I don't think the issue is the bmu firmware version.

Do you any LED scrolling in any of the BMS? Please review the dip switches, try changing the com cables and try another one of the bmu.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michael2019 avatar image michael2019 commented ·

The Com cables have been changed and swapped. The issue persisted. The dip switches have been interchanged as well, but no head way. Now the problem is now traceable to the BMS of BYD 3. When this BMS is swapped with any of the BMS of another BYD, BYD 3 would operate normally and the issue of non discharging would persist on the BYD whose BMS was interchanged with BYD 3.

More update will be posted when this BMS is replaced with a new BMS.

0 Likes 0 ·
michael2019 avatar image
michael2019 answered ·

I just noticed something of recent. The third BYD Box with dip switch (110000) is neither charging nor discharging. The battery level indicator is 4 bar. The run LED is constantly on when the system is charging and discharging. BYD 1, 2 and 4 operate normally. During charging, the battery level indicator and the run LED blink at the same time. When discharging, the run LED blinks fast and the battery level indicator lights up permanently. With this observation, it has been BYD 1, 2 and 4 that has been operational on this 3 phase system. I will check the communication cables tomorrow. The dip switches are perfectly configured (100000, 010000, 011000 and 001000) i.e BYD 1, 2, 3 and 4(Master) respectively.

2 |3000