question

Yadav Parikshit avatar image
Yadav Parikshit asked

COMPATIBILTY OF LITHIUM HE BATTERY WITH CHARGE CONTROLLER 150/70

Hi Sir, I have a BIPV Solar system with different technologies. I am using 4 Nos. of 150/70 Charge Controller and want to connect the system to Victron Lithium HE Batteries (24V 100AH) along with LYNX ION BMS 400. Please, can you advise if the 150/70 Solar Charge Controller is compatible with Victron Lithium HE Batteries?

Another solution is to use Victron AGME Lead Acid batteries in 24V 100AH configuration. But do I still need a BMS for this to ensure my batteries do not get damaged and are protected against overheating? BMV 700 seems to be only for monitoring and is not going to open or close any contactor for Lead Acid Batteries.

Thanks a lot

battery chargingLithium BatteryBMS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skamp_x@hotmail.com avatar image skamp_x@hotmail.com commented ·

Simple addon question , can you use a single Lithium HE battery without Lynx ion BMS and just a Victron 100/20mppt?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Yes, all our MPPT charger controllers can be used with any type of lithium battery this includes the Lithium HE batteries. But, please note that we do not longer sell the HE batteries. They are now being sold by the HE battery manufacturer, MG Energy Systems instead of us.

A good alternative to use is our 25.6 V smart lithium batteries.

When using a MPPT with lithium batteries, the MPPT will need to be turned off or needs to be disconnected during a "do not charge" event. Thus we do not recommend to connect a MPPT directly to a lithium battery without a BMS.

In case of the Victron Smart lithium battery you will need to use a VE.Bus BMS (or mini BMS) with the "do not charge" control wire connected to the MPPT. (see VE.Bus BMS manual for more information)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page