question

petajoule avatar image
petajoule asked

CCGX Docs trouble (logging)

So I found out that an installation of ours has been logging to the VRM portal for the past year or so, which is a little concerning, because that was neither planned nor wanted,

The customer is very privacy sensitive and slightly upset. While I am not sure how that omission could have happened, or why/if VRM logging is the default, I am trying to rectify the situation with no luck so far:

CCGX has been equipped with a microSD of sufficient size.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start

talks in 2.1. about

First off, there is no "logging to a microSD" in the menu, only enabled/disabled.

Second, the microSD card had been recognized (shortly there was even a message "will use...")

but evidently it is not used.

And lastly, there is no chapter 2.2! There is 2.1 followed by 2.4

Please advise.

VRMCCGX Color Control
1574061678520.png (63.8 KiB)
1574061735064.png (32.7 KiB)
1574061832088.png (57.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi PJ. As I understand it..

That disabled/enabled screen you posted is a sub-menu of a VRM link. So 'enabled' is for VRM, and yes it likely is set by default. So disable it.

The GX will then save to it's own internal storage (that 'free disc space'), and once that's full will overflow to the external storage it can find. It should display what it can see.

If you have both SD and USB plugged in, I'm not sure if you can select between them. But the solution obvious there.

Nor do I know if you can force that dump of everything. Maybe with VRM disabled it'll do that itself. Perhaps someone else can help there, but you could try yourself to see..

Use the onboard 'Eject' tab to remove the external storage, else it'll foul the files.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petajoule avatar image
petajoule answered ·

This happens if I simply turn off logging. CCGX loses knowledge of the microSD card, there seems to be no logging at all (which makes sense - considering the option name).

Be it as it may - I'm unable to establish a "log to microSD" as described in the docs.

1574093665494.png (104.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Yeh, I thought there was a way to do that, but I can't find it either. Seems the only way to prevent the data going to VRM is to deprive the GX of it's web..

Sorry. Anyone else?

0 Likes 0 ·