question

oldcrow avatar image

multiplus 12/3000/120 battery charger on but battery isolated. Any issue?

Hi Victron gurus

I have multiplus 12/3000/120 attached to a battery bank (12V SLA 550 Ah total new, at least 4 years old) and my Venus is dropping off the portal. The Venus is powered via the second 12V input/ouput which does not have a battery bank attached but is conveniently located to the Venus.

I suspect the battery isolator has been turned off while some work was done by an engineer and forgotten again. Last time this happened I was on the boat and recurring voltage alarms were what alerted me.

Does having the Multiplus (charger) on but the battery isolated do any harm? (If not then I will wait until I get back to the boat to check my suspicions rather than recalling the engineer).

Regards

Chris

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGXVRM
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
oldcrow avatar image
oldcrow answered ·

Hi all

Looks like failure to upload is an internet access issue as mains powered router is going offline frequently according to my VPN log (independent of VRM).

Sorry

Chris

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.