question

dewitpj avatar image
dewitpj asked

K1/K2 relay NC/NO not "normal" ?

Hi Everyone,

We are using the K1 relay to start our generators. The generators require a "closed" connection to start. We connected to the NC and COM points of the relay, programmed the Quattro to close the relay for generator start on <10% SoC and stop at >80% SoC.

This how ever seems to be the other way around. Even a "dead" victron (no AC/DC power) has NO "closed"

I have checked and there is no easy way of monitoring the relay's in the Venus, what am I missing here ?

Thanks

SOCRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If your generator need a closed contact to start you have to use COM and NO (normaly open) not NC (normaly closed). T

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dewitpj avatar image dewitpj commented ·

In my mind it should be NC (normally closed) so that the Victron has to put effort into keeping it "open" - no ?

(It guards against something going wrong inside the Victron and it's logic failing, causing the relay to go to it's powered off state of NC?)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ dewitpj commented ·

If you set the relay to close to start the generator the relay will switch from COM-NC to COM-NO.

If the Quattro itself is switched off the relay will stay at COM-NC.

0 Likes 0 ·
dewitpj avatar image dewitpj Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Right - this is what I thought too, but the relay on 3 of our Quattro's are COM-NO when powered off...I will triple check this again and advise

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic