question

iruizh avatar image
iruizh asked

Any way to program relay 2 to disconnect load after some SOC value?

Hi guys,

I have programmed a system with 2 Quattros of 10kW to obtain a 120/240 split phase system, also 1 Cerbo GX and 4 MPPT 100-250 controllers, and 20 kWp on PV power, and 30 kWh on storage by pylontech, an 20kW on propane generator.

The issue is that in relay 1 I have connected the start/stop functions of the propane generator.

Additionally, and the reason for the question is that the generator could not start due to various faults, such as an empty propane tank or the starting battery does not work or someone forgot to put the system in automatic mode,

so, as an additional method, it is required that when a low SOC level (something like 30 - 40%), relay 2 be programmed to disconnect the load and only leave the essential load running (like a refrigerator and a modem).

I understand that I require a contactor previously wiring to separate the loads.

thanks for your time guys,

Greetings from Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Benjamin

SOCRelayups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Relay 2 only has manual control or temperature rule settings.
To do SOC base activation you would need to use Node-RED and then set up a flow to do this.
Node-RED can be installed by using the large image.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iruizh avatar image iruizh commented ·

Hi @WKirby,

about this topic (LINK), let me know what you think

Regards

Benjamin

0 Likes 0 ·
iruizh avatar image
iruizh answered ·

Hi,

Is there any way to create the nodored program without having to be on site? Since it is a remote installation, 4 hours one way of road,

Going to a remote site and programming on site is quite heavy. Is there a way to do the programming in a virtual machine and that it is debugged to take it to the site?

I understand that adjustments such as the SOC percentage are made on site, but at least have the algorithm ready and functional

thanks again for your time

Benjamin

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, the Node-RED workspace is available remotely via VRM.

During development, you can disable the output nodes or the nodes that will actually perform actions on the system and place debug nodes beside them to view whats going on in the debug pane. When you are satisfied then you can enable the output nodes.
Something like this:
1672996265943.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1672996265943.png (57.3 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic